Wednesday 4 October 2017

Warehouse Wednesday Edgebaston store

Sorry Phil.
Entering offence #2 . Just down the bank from the carpark at the ERA show last weekend was a quite attractive canal basin that looked worth a further look. So once the rain had stopped, I noodled down there. NO ENTRY EXCEPT ON BUSINESS - was what the sign said. Well after my gate vaulting escapades of the previous day, I wasn't letting a sign stop me, so I ambled nonchalantly in, camera clearly visible and working out that I was wearing a shirt and a pinstripe jacket and not a hoodie and ripped jeans, so more 'I'm taking photos' rather than 'I'm nicking your cables'. The basin was full of barges and tugs; all very freight leaning and less pretty pleasure craft. This is the first building inside the gate. I'm thinking feed and tack store in it's original usage. The location is just east of the Edgebaston reservoir.

4 comments:

  1. Did you take pictures of 'freight leaning vessels? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CO'D: All the shots are on the flickr page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I've just taken a look nice to see one of the craft is similar to the one I made for Simon's waterworks layout.

      Delete