Wednesday 12 April 2017

Art of the Compromise signal cabin 1

I'm slowly working my way through a Ratio signal box. Bought s/h from the club stall at the Croydon show a couple of years back. S/h kits are a bit of a gamble as there have probably been parts removed or lost, but this one seems to be all there ... so far. I'm guessing that it's around 20 years old and the plastic is already brittle in places; I've had window frames snapping. This is of course for the AoC layout and I was going to go for the full Welsh and have one side wall in slate, but bottled out. What I will do though is try and add window handrails and foot steps and a balcony and wooden steps to replace the stone ones in the kit.
Which brings me to a question: Were single line tokens given in at termini, or retained by the crew for the return trip? A simple thing which I should know, but don't.

1 comment:

  1. I know that on the Staf and ticket system on the W & L they used to give in the staff at the terminus. I imagine the same applies to tokens because they would unlock the machine, and another token would be issued for the return. In theory this meant another train could follow.
    Of course this assumes the company had two working locomotives...

    ReplyDelete